The 4th Annual Swing 4 Scoot Baseball Game will be held on:
Saturday, 23 September 2017
Holloway Field, Newmarket.
The schedule for this year’s event will be:
9am to 11am – Friends and family
11am to 3pm – Open registration
3:30pm to 6:30pm – QBACS (Queensland Baseball Alumni of the Claxton Shield)
7pm to 10pm – Trent Baker Angels vs Paul Mutch All Stars
We’re excited to host an event that caters to everyone in our community and also have some fun, competitive games through the afternoon and evening.
I want to get involved – how can I help?
You can get involved in a bunch of ways:
- Play – whether it’s one inning or 100 innings, you’re welcome to join in.
- Umpire – we can cater for all levels of experience, don’t worry if you’re not confident. It’s a fun game.
- Volunteer – we will need a hand running the event over the weekend. Anything you can do will be appreciated!
- Sponsor – if someone you know is playing, sponsor them on a ‘per-inning played’ basis! Or if you’re a Corporate Sponsor we have an option to accommodate you.
- Donate – if you you’d like to just donate to the cause, we’d appreciate the support!
- Promotion – help us to promote the game by sharing on social media and spreading the word.
Why does it cost to play?
Running the event itself incurs costs that we need to recover. Apart from this aspect, the objective of the event is to raise funds. We hope to achieve this through the participation of players and corporate entities. The cost is relatively small, and could easily be subsidised by asking a few mates or even a local business to cover your entry fees to show their support for you.
How can I raise the funds to play?
As mentioned, put the call out to family and friends to support you by donating a couple of bucks per inning that you play. Local businesses can also get a tax deduction by donating, so ask your employer to pick up the tab.
Where do I pay the entry fees?
If you’d like to claim your fees as a tax deductible donation, then you’ll need to pay through the Couee portal (click on Donate in the top menu). If you don’t need a tax deduction, you can pay on the day of the event at the registration table by cash or card.
I don’t have any baseball gear. Is that a problem?
Not at all. Just let us know when you register that you may need to borrow a glove/bat/helmet/everything. We’ll have a bunch of spares on hand.
I’ve got more questions, how can I contact you guys?
Drop us a line via the Contact page. We’ll get right back to you.